Subscribe to this newsletter here
SQL Popularity and Controversy
- In the last newsletter, SQL popularity was well addressed by the tremendous feedback our articles received:
- 10 Common Mistakes Java Developers Make When Writing SQL
- 10 More Common Mistakes Java Developers Make When Writing SQL
Together, the above articles have have reached out to more than 200’000 readers on the jOOQ Blog and through our syndication partners in only one month.
This has been topped by two more, very interesting articles about Prof. Michael Stonebraker’s recent claims. In “The Traditional RDBMS Wisdom is All Wrong”, Stonebraker, who has given us nothing less than Ingres, Postgres, Vertica, Streambase, Illustra, VoltDB, SciDB shows that he is also well-known for his stirring of controversy.
Read also the follow-up article Teaching an Old Elephant New Tricks, where Stonebraker’s claims are addressed by Oracle and SQL Server.
With Stonebraker’s (and others’) efforts to bring SQL and “NewSQL” back to the market, SQL’s popularity is bound to be on the rise again. Few other languages stir so many emotions when it comes to commenting on tutorials like 10 Easy Steps to a Complete Understanding of SQL, which triggered lots of discussion both on reddit, and on hackernews.
jOOQ Public Talks and Trainings
jOOQ responds to SQL’s popularity by embracing SQL as a first-class citizen into your stack. Curious about how jOOQ works, or how it could work in your organisation? Then join any of the upcoming events:
- The jOOQ training sessions at the /ch/open workshop days in Zurich, Switzerland (in German)
- The jOOQ introductory session at the JUGH in Kassel, Germany (in German)
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested in a Training session close to you.