Exciting times are ahead for Java/SQL developers. SQL is strong and popular as ever. It is the right language for relational databases just as much as for Big Data storage systems. Just this week, Pivotal has announced their open sourcing HAWQ and MADlib as a part of their Hadoop Native SQL strategy.
At Data Geekery, we’re promoting SQL with jOOQ – typesafe, embedded SQL for Java, and now also with our new advanced SQL workshop, which is available publicly and as an in-house event. Check it out here.
In the next couple of months, we’re touring Europe again, and among other places, we’ll be presenting at the JAX London where as an official media partner.
Apart from our own talk, be sure not to miss any of the following exciting talks
- 2000 Lines of Java or 50 Lines of SQL? The Choice is Yours (our talk)
- Coding for Desktop and Mobile with HTML5 and Java EE 7 (by Geertjan Wielenga)
- Design & Implementation of Microservices (by James Lewis)
- Designing and Operating User-Centered Digital Services (by Jeff Sussna)
- Distributed Systems in one Lesson (by Tim Berglund)
And don’t forget:
Get 10% off your JAX London ticket by entering the MP_jOOQ10 discount code